Tuesday, February 9, 2016
12 noon – 1:00 p.m.
Kankakee Public Library, 4th Floor Auditorium, 201 East Merchant St., Kankakee
In October, word started getting out. With the release of “Opportunity 3000: Career Success in Kankakee County,” our community learned much more about the many types of jobs that are available locally today … as well as the skills that are required for the emerging, highly technical Digital Age careers of tomorrow.
While Kankakee County has many resources to deliver these needed work readiness skills, in today’s fast-paced economy, the alignment of these resources becomes critical. Information about these local resources can now be found in one comprehensive online clearinghouse: WorkKankakee.org. Supporting a K-16 seamless learning system for optimal talent development, WorkKankakee.org provides the “how to” in terms of:
- Choosing career paths in the lucrative and growing fields of manufacturing technology, electrical technology, engineering and health care;
- Searching for internships, job shadows, apprenticeships, grants, scholarships and jobs; and
- Connecting with continuing education programming.
Business, civic and social service leaders, educators, media and parents, join us for lunch Tuesday, February 9 at the Kankakee Public Library to take a walk through this brand new, comprehensive workforce development web portal.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. John Avendano, President, Kankakee Community College
- Dr. Genevra Walters, Superintendent, Kankakee School District 111
- Don Perry, Senior Director of External Admissions, Olivet Nazarene University
- Maureen Powell, Site Head of Communications, CSL Behring Kankakee
- Dr. Susan Emmerich, Director, Coalition for Hope & Excellence in Education (CHEE)
RSVP and reserve your lunch ($10 per person) by Monday, February 8. Contact Gina Cordes, email@example.com, 815-351-9068.
Event sponsored by CSL Behring Kankakee, Coalition for Hope & Excellence in Education (CHEE), the Economic Alliance of Kankakee County, and the Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce.