Series: Affordable Solutions for Small Business Owners
Affordable and easy solutions for small business owners addressing key issues associated with attracting, hiring and keeping talent in today’s tough labor market.
Join Management Consultant Michelle Arentz, owner of Lazarus Learning LLC, in this virtual seven-part series exploring what workers are looking for and how small businesses can be competitive beyond wages.
The series will run from March 15 to April 26. All sessions will be held on Tuesday from 9-9:45 a.m. “Open Office Hours” for consultation follow each session from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sessions can be attended independently or as a series.
- The Great Resignation: What’s Really Going On? – March 15 Explore common assumptions and the real reasons behind today’s labor shortages.
- Boosting Business by Boosting Benefits – March 22 Learn how getting creative and going beyond a medical/dental plan pays off for companies.
- Culture Eats Strategy, so What Are You Serving? – March 29 Discover a few key strategic areas to address in order to create and maintain a workplace people desire.
- Who I’m Working For Matters to Me – April 5 Examine the importance of having employees that contribute to a positive work environment.
- Career Development: Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go – April 12 Discuss how you can offer learning and development opportunities to your employees.
- Balancing Act: How to Be Flexible Without Breaking – April 19 Identify ways to provide the flexibility and balance that workers seek.
- Be a Talent Magnet: Ways to Post, Interview and Hire for Top Talent – April 26 Gain tips to effectively create job postings, interview for a “best fit” and avoid costly mis-hires.
This series is being offered in by KCC Continuing Education & Career Services and the College of Lake County Small Business Development Center.